Shout out to my amazing friend Kirsten for this recipe! This dish is healthy, easy to make and delicious! And just when you thought it could sound more appealing, it has a vegan option as well!
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 bag frozen corn
- 1 bunch of asparagus, trimmed
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 bag arugula
- approx. 1lb hanger or skirt steak (or whatever steak you prefer!)
- VEGAN SUBSTITUTION- replace the steak with a large mushroom cap!
- chili powder
- adobo seasoning
- aged balsamic
- On a large sheet pan, arrange the corn, sliced onion, and asparagus. Toss with olive oil, season with salt, pepper, and chili powder.
- Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes, tossing occasionally until the veggies have some nice color but the corn isn’t dried out.
- While the veggies are in the oven, toss the cucumber, avocado, and arugula with balsamic and oil.
- Season steak with chili powder and adobo seasoning and grill over medium-high heat 3-5 minutes per side. Allow the steak to sit for about 5 minutes before slicing.
- Place baked veggies and arugula salad on a plate and top with steak.
- Drizzle with balsamic and ENJOY!